Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Moment in the San Rafael: A Summer Rain

San Rafael Rain Storm
Lazy J2 Ranch
Patagonia, AZ
"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
Henry David Thoreau
The distances and landscapes of the Sonoran desert of south east Arizona catch my attention; it's panoramas leave me breathless and eager to be free from all the thoughts which rein me back and keep me from enjoying the moment.

What I feel is the desire to be a part of that nature and just exist and enjoy. If I was a hawk, I would want to catch a lucky thermal and soar above the mountains, over the expansive grasslands, and occasionally swoop down to catch my prey or maybe just swoop for the fun of it. There's a feeling inside of me that simply does not want to care about anything but just be.

They say that indigenous people that inhabited our country believed that the land was not theirs to own but rather theirs to share. Those views can easily be understood standing out in the grasslands of the San Rafael Valley near Patagonia, AZ.

Take a look at the rains onset over the mountains and onto the grasslands. It's the monsoon time in the San Rafael Valley. Time for things to green up and time for the spirit to refresh. This morning I want to be refreshed by the moment and rains of the San Rafael.

Represented by the Simon Gallery of Fine Art, Tucson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.