Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dream On

Dream On
Rincon Lighthouse
Rincon, Puerto Rico
                                                           
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss

One of the classic hits from my generation is Steven Tyler's "Dream On". Both the lyrics and music remain as relevant today as it did when we first heard it on our favorite rock radio stations.

There's nothing wrong with dreaming. In fact as we get older we need to be reminded to dream on. Dreams provide an outline of where you want to be. You must act to fill in all the empty spaces and complete the sketch. Without the outline you can't get there, but without action you can't achieve your dream.

Reluctantly, I've dreamt of being self-sufficient. Circumstances have forced me to pursue that dream now rather than later in life. The journey I am on is one that's more compatible with my personal interests. The only thing that has held me back is self-doubt and fear of financial failure. Now I have no room for doubt and I can only press onward in the direction of a dream long forgotten. It's good to dream but it's even better to work on them and make them come true. To all of you I invite you to: "Dream On."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.