Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Songs

Pond Near Winchester Center
Winchester, CT

This morning I realize that the things I am most grateful for are the simplest. Even my photographs tend to be uncomplicated frames. Adding more clutters and complicates. It's an irony that we spend a lifetime gathering and at the end we take with us very little. Some however spend a lifetime adding clutter and sharing very little. Those same hold a nation hostage this Thanksgiving.


I wanted to find something to sing about this Thanksgiving, but it seems that Christmas and New Year have the market covered. There are a few Amish tunes but nothing quite catchy that will inspire a pop singer to rush to record and sell. You aren't about to hear Lady Gaga sing "Tis the gift to be simple, Tis the gift to be free." Perhaps we have all grown to complicated.


For lack of inspiration this morning, I would like to leave you with two clips this morning: one from Billy Crystal and Robert De Niro discussing their Thanksgiving roles and the other with Steve Martin and his first atheist ballad.  After an exhausting year, I remain most grateful that despite Congressional disfunction my sense of humor remains intact.


Oh before I forget, make sure you call your folks today and let them know you love them. It's another thing to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.