Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seeing It Through

Coney Island  Pier

Sometimes just changing my point of view totally brings things into sharper focus.  My friends and I were shooting at Coney Island last month.  While they were combing the beach for photo opportunities, I became fixated by the structure of the pier and the many shapes that appeared to lead to infinity.  I had to actually peer through many frames to finally get to the open sea.

I know that I can't change the inevitable outcome of my Mom's failing health.  As I contemplate that situation, I know that at some point there will be light.  I need to be strong enough to see it through.  So many frames to sort and memories to archive.

I feel very fortunate to have a passion that will help me see it through.  What a wonderful addiction this passion of painting with light, photography.  Ok, I know I need to stay focused, maintain a steady resolve and hand and take as many images as I can.  The journey is far from over and I have many more miles and memories to log before I sleep.

Thank you Harry for taking me to Coney Island to jar my creativity and passion.  Thank you all for the many kind words of encouragement both personally and on FaceBook.  I have more than six reasons to be grateful again today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.