Friday, April 8, 2011

Experience

Caddo Tree and Marsh
Uncertain, TX

You can spend your life on the shore or you can get on a boat.  The view is totally different.  We live in a world where experience and longevity are discounted.  Personally, I like gathering stories from those who have gotten on the boat that perhaps, I've missed.

Nutria On Mud Flat
Caddo Lake is the type of place you have to get on a boat to witness all that it has to offer.  There are nooks and crannies that offer so much to see depending on the time of day and season.

Most of my life, I've spent thinking and planing about the future and what I would see and do.  Now I find myself switching gears and trying to cram in as much as I can each day.  Trying to live it fully with an open heart and an open mind.  Allowing my senses to absorb all of the light life offers and paints in our minds.

Our Guide Angie
Experience is nothing to be discounted.  If you can't witness it, the next best thing is to align yourself with someone who has it.  Let them mentor you and guide you.  I am glad that I opened my heart to the experience of our Caddo Lake guide, Angie.

1 comment:

  1. The challenge to living life is to open not just your eyes, but explode your vision with your mind. The problem with many is that they sometimes never see what they are looking at.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.