Friday, February 11, 2011

Take a Step: Move Forward

Grazing Longhorn



Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Many years ago, I was an avid jogger;  today, I walk four miles every day instead.  Whether you are jogging or walking, the most difficult step is simply putting on your shoes.  Without this step you can't move forward.

Most of us are underachievers simply because we don't allow ourselves to grow.  We are afraid that we aren't good enough.  We are afraid to fail and we are our own worst critics.  

As I contemplate putting on my shoes this morning for my morning constable, I wonder about how many barricades I've created over the years that have kept me from doing truly what I really want.  No one other than me has held me back.

How do you know you are not good enough?  Why do you insist on holding yourself back.  How many omens do you need to point you in the right direction?  What will it take to follow your passion?  How would your life change if you enjoyed doing something every day?

This morning as I was looking for inspiration, I found this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson:  "Every artist was first an amateur."   It's ok, take a step and move forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.