Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Steel Guitars and Randy Travis

Content Cowboy


It actually feels like fall in North Texas.  The mornings are brisk and afford you the opportunity to slip on sweats.  This morning's exercise was very invigorating.  You know the type of morning where you feel alive and in step with the rest of the world.


My headsets were gratefully working today.  For some reason I just wanted to listen to Randy Travis and steel guitars (that's pronounced gitars).  Something about his country soulful twang that just makes heart feel good.  Something about his songs' shades of blue that makes me feel good.  It doesn't which songs he bellows, I feel connected awake and ready for the day's journey.  In fact, I am plugged in to him right now as I am conjuring up words to write.


The tunes really don't matter.  They all speak to me:  "Diggin Up Bones", "Forever and Ever Amen", "Better Class of Losers", and "Deeper than the Holler".  His tunes for whatever reason truly do manage to "resurrect memories".  If you haven't listened to Randy, it might be time.


It doesn't matter who you are.  We are all searching for something:  love, joy, and money.  You've chosen to read this blog perhaps because you understand that what I am saying to you actually speaks to your heart.  Just maybe you feel that's something is missing in your journey and you don't want to give up trying to find it.  My advice is simply don't stop trying.


Excuse me, I've got to get back to my Travis...  I'm in the middle of listening to a "Better Class of Losers". I think I should find some friends who don't pay their bills online.  You know I should just step outside of my comfort zone and meet some real folks.... 


If this speaks to you today, then share it with a friend.  You would be surprised how many are truly looking.  Let yourself just be and reconnect.  Listen to the steel guitars.  There's a lot to be said about sharing a tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.