Thursday, June 6, 2013

If You Could Read My Mind

Red Fire Truck: Abandoned Glory
Patagonia, AZ

As I was looking at this old abandoned fire truck, I thought about what it would say to me if it could talk. Today, while looking at the photo, similar thoughts crept into my head but this time in the form of Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind".

So looking at this image today, I wonder what kind of tales it would tell of volunteers putting out blazes in and around the town of Patagonia where ample ranches with endless grasslands abide. There must be some powerful stories enough for an a old time movie, I reckon. It all comes to me the romance of the San Rafael Valley just by looking at this blown out fire truck head lamp. What stories it could tell.

It sad to go through life always wondering and never experiencing I suppose. That's why its good to just venture out and go outside of your comfort zone. You won't have stories unless you do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.