Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just a Walk

Near Sin Vacas
Catalina Foothills
Tucson, AZ
"God never made an ugly landscape. 
All that the sun shines on is beautiful, so long as it is wild"
--John Muir

Walks afford me the opportunity to purge my mind and refresh my soul. The undulation of the mountainside gives me a natural baptism.  When I emerge, I am reborn by the evaporated moisture of sweat and the opening of the eyes.

My choices are limited by my exile and I am driven by awakening senses. To that extent, the wilderness experience has sharpened my visual and spiritual perceptions. Each day has fractions of unique experiences which I try to capture, interpret and share, like a Catholic cantor. You've unwittingly become parishioners. a live audience. To that extent, my chronicling is equally mine as it's yours. This cantor/chronicler is motivated by not solely his senses but by your reactions. Hope the images do not disappoint. Every now and then let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.