Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Now or Never: It's My Life

Photographer: Al Hernández
Estes Park, CO
Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it.
Henry David Thoreau

Getting ready to make my trek to Colorado where beautiful aspen trees adorned with bright yellow leaves and chalky white bark await me. My trip will hopefully inspire and motivate me to create more. This is truly what I enjoy and I need to work hard and develop my vocation for the balance of my life.

Yes, the former marketing and financial executive has turned over, um, a new leaf. Actually, you might say that I've discovered my passion in the autumn of my life.

Certain feelings, images, tunes, and ideas flow throw my head incessantly like a need to be doing something great. It consumes me and motivates me to go beyond my fears and self imposed insecurities. For once in my life, I am not driven to do the logic but rather to do what pleasures my soul.

Think I will crank up my iTunes today and play some Bon Jovi. Feel a little "It's My Life" coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.