Monday, July 30, 2012

Right to Bare Arms

Right to Bare Arms
Roanoke, TX

Your body is a temple, but how long can you live in the same house before you redecorate?  ~Author Unknown


Our waitress at our favorite breakfast dive continues to amaze me with her tattoo puzzle. The tattoos I've previously posted and those posted today are all from the same arm!! 


Angel on Elbow
As she came by to wait on our table, I inquired about other tattoos on the arm and she told me about the fairy on her elbow. She asked me if I would like to see it and proudly modeled it for me, as if it would flap its wings and leave before I would get to view it.


Don't know if I am amazed more by the art, the surface of skin that she has covered, or by the amount of pain endured by the canvas. Regardless, the volume of human graffiti is actually quite stupefying on a lady.


As she was getting ready to leave our table, I saw one more tattoo, a pistol on the inside of the tender part of her right forearm. Without even thinking I thought and smiled, "this woman is packing heat". I knew she would once again have to be in my blog. Then I thought again about the symbolism of this tattoo and its placement and thought: "aha, this is about the right to bare arms!" Our waitress literally wears her beliefs on her sleeves. She says what she means and means what she feels. Pretty amazing if you were to ask me. Suppose we shouldn't be afraid of either regardless of someone else's opinion of us.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.