Sunday, August 21, 2011

Today

Palo Duro Canyon

Nature provides us the opportunity to enjoy each moment it brings.  Learning to live in the moment requires patience. As much as I try to plan for the future, I understand the differences between planning, controlling, and enjoying.

Today is the only day I have.  I can't live in the past and while I can plan in the future, I can't live in it.  Today, right now, is the only moment I can enjoy. The universe keeps reminding me of this fact. In order to enjoy my life fully, I need to enjoy right now. How many times I have heard this: "live in the now".

Once you have experienced the mountain tops and the brims of canyons or the vast expanses of the deserts, you can learn to appreciate the satisfaction that now brings. Now offers you the perspective of what is immediately at hand. It is real and tangible everything else either may not happen or already has happened and is in the past. You can't go back, you can only move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.